OsaImo (WN) Chapter 6: The Takanishi Family Strategy Meeting

 The Takanishi Family Strategy Meeting (Manami’s POV)


“Onee-chan, you’re not being honest.”


I was both happy and embarrassed to talk to onee-chan, whose face was bright red.


“Shut up!”

“But it was good, and he said it was delicious.”


“It’s….. yeah….. yeah but…..”


If I showed a boy the way she sinks into the cushions with her facing turning red, I’m sure they’d be smitten. I’m sure Kouki-nii would be too.


Even onee-chan gets nervous sometimes.


She is a super beauty with rumors flowing even into my grade. If I had been as cute as her, I wonder if Kouki-nii would have looked at me more properly.


Well, she is my onee-chan after all.


“You’ve got to be more honest.”


“I know!”


She responded with a look that said “I don’t get it”, but because of the tears in her eyes, I could tell that she was trying her best.


“I’ll lend a hand since my onee-chan has a hard time being honest.”


“I have a bad feeling about this.”


“Excuse me!”


What do you think about people’s good intentions, onee-chan?


“Kouki-nii has been helping me study, hasn’t he?”


“You're right...... I haven't even been approached..... Manami is ......”


Ah, I stepped on a landmine.


Well, that’s a hassle. Let’s get on with it.


“Before tests, Kouki-nii has to study, so he doesn’t come.”


“Wait, he’s not coming…..?”


Not only do they barely talk to each other, but when Kouki-nii does come, onee-chan just glares at him and threatens him, though she was looking forward to him coming. She’s seriously….. this.


Well, that’s okay for now.


“But! If it’s a study group, I was wondering if you’d come!”


“Study group…..?”


Her face rises from her reverie.


She had a fuzzy, upturned look in her eyes. I’m sure if I showed Kouki-nii this, he’d be all over you.


Though, I’m not going to tell you to do that, because if I do, my chances are completely gone!  No, but I feel like I should give you more advice….. After all, this situation between Kouki-nii, onee-chan, and I was one of the developments I had hoped for.


It’s just that….. I’ll help her out a bit, but when it comes to the decisive moments, I don’t think I’m ready. It’s a complicated matter for me too.


Well, now it’s all about onee-chan!


“So! Study group! Then you see, onee-chan will be able to fit in!”


“Nonononono!”


Before I could say anything else, I was denied…..

“Eh…..”


“Because….. he probably….. doesn’t like me…..”


That would probably never be the case.


Really, it’s kinda like a big brother and sister looking after each other. 


“It’ll be uncomfortable if no one’s straightforward.”


There’s no denying that.


“Study….. huh? Could it be?”


“Oh?”


She suddenly stood up and started rummaging through her school bag.


“Ah! That’s it!”


“This?”

“Note! Look, he must’ve caught a cold at this time and was absent!”


It’s true that Kouki-nii had been absent during the first semester.


I remembered because onee-chan was so down that she said, “He wasn’t here today either…..”


“Oh! Then I guess I’ll involve onee-chan by letting him borrow your notes!”


“Yes! Then you can study with him, even if he needs notes!”


“Eh, onee-chan, you’re not coming?”


What do you mean we can study together, even if he needs notes? Are you okay? Onee-chan?


“If I were here….. that guy…..”


“Ah! God, this is so annoying! Just join us, onee-chan! It’s required!”


“But…..”


“No buts!”


“Just calm down.”


“Answer me!”


“I’ll think about it.”


“The answer is yes!”


“Yes…..”


“Good.”


If you can’t even do this, you’re not onee-chan!


At this rate, I think I might actually be able to win over Kouki-nii.


“Study group….. with that guy…..”


However, when I see onee-chan with her soft, maidenly expression, I try to keep those feelings to myself…..


Prev Chapter - Next Chapter


Well, at least I made it. Finished after 4 days. I got stuck on some part and then I had a crap ton of school work, but it’s finally done.


Next chapter should be translated by this weekend.


As usual, corrections are welcome in the comments.


See you guys in the next chapter!


Edit: I'll be moving my chapters over to NeoSekai Translations for the next chapter and so forth.

Comments

Post a Comment