OsaImo (WN) Chapter 0: Class Idol

Class Idol


Takanishi Aisa.    

    

If you asked the boys, "Who is the cutest girl in our grade?" I think 8 out of 10 people would answer, "Takanishi Aisa."


  In fact, even without the favoritism of a childhood friend, she has a pretty well-rounded face. She has a good style, is good at her studies, is a bit of an athlete, and is impeccable.


And she's kind to everyone, no matter who they are. 


     Except for me, of course. 


     "What is it?" 

    

     "No..... nothing."


     She probably knew that I was watching her, so she called out to me with a tone of voice cold enough to blow away the summer heat.


     With this interaction, the question, “Why is Takinishi treating that guy like that…..” rose. There’s a huge wall between me and Aisa, though I’d like to think it’s not my fault. In my opinion, it’s just because she became too popular and conspicuous.


“Is that so…..”


Aisa said that and went back to her seat, while I was approached by someone in front of me.


“Hey, aren't you and Takanishi-san childhood friends?”


The person who called out to me was Takizawa Akito.


This guy is so careless that he doesn't even try to hide his shaggy, unmotivated hair, but he's just an annoying guy who is popular just because of his good looks.


Other than the glaring fact that he was popular, we saw eye to eye on everything else, and so we were friends. Though I don’t remember the initial reason we became friends.


“I guess our parents just got along well.”


Aisa and I were actually really close, all the way up until elementary school. At least that’s what I think. 

With our parents being close, we often went out together, and I think Aisa and I got along reasonably well.


So now, we’ve reverted back into being two people whose parents are close with each other. 


“I don’t know, but the way she looks at you is different from the way she looks at everyone else.”


“I don’t remember doing anything to deserve this treatment…..”


I think our paths started to stray from each other when we entered junior high school.

There was a definite falling-out that I didn’t understand, and now the situation is like this.


The idol of the school year, who is friendly to everyone, and the only one she doesn’t show her smile to is me.


“It doesn’t seem like she holds a grudge against you…..”

That’s what Akito said, but how else am I supposed to interpret that look she gives me?


“I wonder why…..”

“Takanishi-san treats other people like complete strangers, right?”


“Really?”


It’s her looks. Though the love calls from the boys have not stopped, the lack of interest in getting a boyfriend means that she isn’t hated by the girls. Rather, she is popular among the girls as well, mainly due to her nice personality and good specs. Even now, the boys and girls of the so-called top of the school hierarchy surround her at her desk.


“You know, when I look at it, there’s some sort of wall, or a distance, between all of them.”

“Really? All I can see is a bunch of popular people talking happily.”


I’m scared to try and fit in and even just to look at them. Just by looking at Aisa, who was alone, I was confronted coldly, and so now I was afraid to look at such a blinding gathering.


“Well, if that’s what you think, I have nothing else to say.”


After saying something I didn’t understand, Akito plopped down on his desk again.


I was rather lucky, because as the merry gathering was going on, classes were about to start.


When I looked away from Akito, I looked over at Aisa again, who was smiling, surrounded by all her classmates. But as soon as her eyes met mine, she stared at me with a cold gaze that froze me in place.


“Huh…..”


Well, I’m not going to have much of a chance to talk with her anyways.


If I had done something wrong to her, I would apologize, but it wouldn't bother me if they just flat out disliked me.


That was the last day I was able to take it easy…..


Prev Chapter - Next Chapter


Hey, what's up. This is the first time I've tried to translate, so obviously there will be a ton of mistranslations (though I am using DeepL and google for most sentences). I'm just a guy who wants to learn Japanese through translating, while also getting to enjoy light novels. If you notice any errors, please don't hesitate to comment them down below. 


I picked up this novel as it had piqued my interest since a while ago, but no one picked it up. I read ahead a couple chapters, and I think this will be a fun ride.


This is the WN version, cuz y'know, can’t really buy the LN.


Next chapter coming very soon.


Comments

  1. Thanks for picking this series up. Your translation is really good for a first timer and there isn't any glaring mistakes that make it unreadable.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for picking this up and thanks for the translation, the ln wasnt updating at all so its good to see someon pick up the WN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for picking this up and translating it

    ReplyDelete
  4. How curious I translate as a hobby to improve my English and I practice with this novel...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment